Wednesday, August 29, 2007

PRANAV --- CHANDIGARH (No 15)

Friends I have always been a fun loving guy and was habitual of hearing scary stories from my room mates but I never gave them any thought cozz I believed them to be sum bloody crap n nothing else and yap there were many such craps. But honestly speaking I had that ghostly experience when I was there at DAV College Chandigarh for my provisional admission in +1.

It was 4th April 2004 and I was there at college with my dad. I happened to meet a guy who was from Himachal (my home state) and we had a brief introduction and then we just started up a new chapter of friendship. We both went for sum frappe at nearby cafe and decided to put up there at hostel itself rather opting for pg as we both never had a hostel life b4. After having our frappe we went straight away to superintendent and asked him to allot us one room at hostel.
We paid the dues and he gave us a room no.15 in Himachal hostel 1.

We both were damn excited to start a new beginning. I went to dad and told him all about our planning to put up at hostel. He allowed me and helped me in bringing my baggage to college campus. After that my family left and we both started moving towards the hostel. As we were heading forward I heard someone calling us from behind.

We looked back and found it was superintendent who was calling us guys back to his office. There we found two three other staff members sitting and chitchatting something as if something had went wrong. Superintendent told us that we can’t get hostel as the room allotted to we people was under renovation. He was tensed while speaking up this crap. I was loosing my temper as we were having no place to go.

It was already 5 pm and it wasn’t that damn easy thing to find a pg or room. He paid our dues back and asked that we will be intimated if sum room is there. Fortunately one man entered the room and told suprtndnt that a room in new hostel is free now. We felt bit better and superintendent allotted that room it was our first night in hostel. We both were busy setting up our room and making new friends. Suddenly we got a call from our seniors.

We were asked to cum in a group to introduce ourselves to them (ragging!!!). We were bit scared but didn’t mind much. As we moved on through corridor we all felt a gasp of cool breeze passing across us. We wondered that how cud that be possible in such a hot month. But really enjoyed it allot. I and my friend discussed about it with our other group mates and they started laughing at us. They didn’t feel anything like that.

They asked us that how cud that be possible in this closed corridor with no windows. But we told them that we both felt it really. And let me tell u that it was too few seconds b4 but suddenly when we felt that breeze it seemed as if we have been locked in sum refrigerator. Then we all decided to go back to the same place. I again experienced that breeze but no one else did. Despite the matter I made them to stand on the same place where I was experiencing it. But..... I didn’t give it a thought and we all went to our seniors.

We introduced ourselves to them and after sometime we all started chatting with each other. Well all of sudden I told my seniors about the drama that took place in evening while booking a room in hostel. All of my seniors went silent and asked us to not to discuss it anymore and also not to give it a thought again. It really brought me goose bumps. I started wondering what cud be the reason behind all that.

After sometime our meeting was concluded and we left for our rooms. But again while passing that corridor I and my friend felt that breeze and now we both were damn scared. But somehow pretended that as if nothing had happened and continued to our room. We both laid down a mat and started discussing about the assignments we got. Then after sometime we felt going for sleep and as we moved to our beds someone knocked at the door. I went and checked out.

It was a guy standing out totally expressionless with a water bottle....I saw him staring at me n my roommate as if we had done something wrong. Then I just went in a moment and brought my bottle. I gave it to him. Then I asked him his name. He didn’t tell anything n moved on. While going back he yelled and told that he won’t goanna return our bottle. Then I thought its kindaa another ragging and went back to my room without questioning.

I discussed it with my roommate and he just laughed and said in this way we goanna donate our everything. I thought to be better careful next time. Then we went back to our job and completed all those assignments. My friend use to sleep b4 I do as I was habitual of studying at night. It was around 1 am. I found sum1 knocking at my door. I went to open but found no one there. I came back thinking that sum1 mite be playing a prank.

After few mints again same thing happened. I again went n found none. I was bit irritated and went straightway to the next room. I found it locked. Then I checked all the rooms there but found all of them locked. Then I went back to my room and asked my room mate to get up. I asked him about other people there in our hostel. He said that all of them are off to fun republic to watch late night show. I told him all about those knockings.

He told me the same thing that sum1 mite be playing a prank. But after sometime again same thing happened but this time it was much louder than b4. I ran towards the door and opened but again none. I wondered how the hell the person could be so fast. And there was no place to hide. I kept the door opened and went back to my table. Then I found sum1 calling me by my name. The voice was quite strange. I went outside and saw sum boy standing at the corridor.

The moment I was going to answer his call he started going back. I ran behind him to know really who the hell he was. He started moving upstairs. I too went behind. But to my surprise I reached the terrace. I searched every corner there but I found no one. I was really scared and was stumbling. Somehow I moved back slowly. Moment I started going back, I heard sum snobs. I was completely baffled. I again made sum guts and went to that place from where those snobs were coming from. But as I moved on, the snobs started getting more fainted.

The moment I reached there I found none n seriously my condition went shabby. I sat there and closed my eyes started praying. Then at the same time someone hold me from back. It really made me to shriek. I looked back it was my roommate. It just got on my nerves and I hit him hard on his butts. He stood there completely confused. But thank god he didn’t mind.

Very calmly he looked at my blood red face. Mere shekel outrĂ© hue thi. I told him everything all that happened. He consoled me and said it cud be sum hallucinations. But I was not going to believe as I was in my all senses. We argued for while. Then went back to room and slept. Next day he started passing comments. I was fuming then. I didn’t go to college that day and preferred to go for sum movie late night. I asked my roommate. He just refused as he had got lot many assignments to complete.

I didn’t ask him again and asked my other friend to join me. We decided to watch 9 pm show. We both took our bicycles and went to batra. Movie was fantastic (main hoon naa). I and my friend was cumin back totally mesmerized by the looks amrita rao and sushmita. We made back entry to hostel as main gate was closed. Then we parked r cycle and strait to our room as we have also brought sum chicken and thought we must enjoy it together with my roommate at my room. But as I went to my floor I found lot many seniors and class mates standing outside my room. I ran towards smelling something wrong.

I found my roommate totally unconscious and doctor attending him. I enquired about all that happened. No one knew wt really had happened. It was our super senior who found him lying unconscious in bathroom. He brought him in. then we decided to intimate his parents but I thought it must be better to not make them tensed at mid night. So I thought I must give them a call Next day after sometime all went back to there rooms.

But one of our super senior decided to put up in our room itself as he was from our native place as well as our good friend too. It was around 2 am my roommate got up. I gave him sum cold drink and sum chicken to eat. He was still not in his senses. We didn’t talk to each other for at least 15 mints. We were looking at him wondering what cud had been the reason.

He was a damn healthy guy and was a boxing champ too. Then after he completed his meal I just asked about what had happened with him. He stared at m4 as if I had asked sum thin that I should have not. He didn’t tell me anything just continued to stare at me. After few mints he told me one thing that really did confuse me. He asked me to shift somewhere else.

I asked him the reason. He didn’t say anything. Then our senior asked him to tell what had happened to him. He started crying and said that he can’t put up here. He told us something so scary that really we were going to piss in our pants. Let me tell u al that happened to him. It was around 11:30 pm he went to take bath at night. He put on the tap of his bathroom.

Suddenly sum1 knock at the door he just shouted at the person outside. Suddenly the lights of the bathroom turned off. He went outside and saw sum shadows moving around him. He thought the same thing (prank. he challenged the guys out there. Suddenly he found sum1 entering into his bathroom. he just went in to grab him but that person disappeared in bathroom itself. now he was confused. He saw the same guy that had came to our room for water crying out there and telling him that he want o go back to home.

He tried to console him and went to him as he tried to touch him he got disappeared and heard sum more snobs after that he cud not remember anything. we all were damn scared. our senior was not in a condition to go back to his room. We spend our night just staring at each other and wondering that whether it is a nightmares or really sum thing.

I don’t remember any of us sit out anything till morning. We got ready 4 we were not able to concentrate on our lectures. Somehow we completed r lectures and went straightly to mess to have our lunch. We both sat together along with our senior. As I took my first bite I saw the same guy sitting in front table staring and passing very evil smile.

I just ignored and kept eating. Then after sometime couldn’t control and without telling anything to my friends I went to our mess in charge and enquired that whether the person up there use to cum there daily. He said something that gave me Goosebumps. He could not see anything there. I didn’t say anything n went back to my table and now he was not there.

We went back to our room and hesitatingly I told them all that had happened. At first none of them told anything but after few mints my roommate told that he too had seen the same guy at mess. But our senior didn’t see anything and he just kept listening to us. In evening we planned to go out t cheer up. We went 2 sec 17d and had some beer there.

When we returned back we found our new neighbor. A tall Sardar from gurdaspur. He introduced himself and gave us "pines" that he had brought. Slowly we got free with him and my roommate told him everything that had happened to us. He was jolly kind person. He didn’t believe us n said that he goanna prove us wrong 1dy that this place is haunted. We 4rgt everything in his company and nothing had happened since then also.

Next week he came to us with newspaper in his hand and told us about the eclipse that goanna take place that night. We all planned that we'll certainly be watching it happen. All of us that night after having our lunch sat there at my balcony and started staring at the sky and waiting anxiously to watch that big Astor phenomenon. It was around 1:30. My senior asked me to go to his room in himachal hostel 1 and bring sum snacks and breezes.

I went straightway to his hostel but by mistake I went to wrong floor and happened to cum across room no.15. I felt the same breeze that I had felt few days b4. Then I heard someone shouting inside," don’t make false allegations on me. I’ve not done anything" I stood there for mint and suddenly the lights of that floor went off. Then I rushed to my senior's room and took those breezes etc and went back to my hostel.

I told my senior that sum1 was arguing there in room no.15. He stared at me and said that I’ve completely gone out of my head. I didn’t ask him anything and started drinking breezes. Suddenly one thing stroked my mind. I remembered all that our superintendent told us on first day. He told us that room was under renovation and no one is putting up there. I doubted something wrong but suddenly that thing happened for which we were waiting eagerly. Venus was in front of moon. I forgot everything and started staring at sky.

Then after sometime we all went back to our rooms. My roommate asked me to cum along with him to terrace to get sum fresh air. I took my mat with me and we laid down on that. Then he started remembering his gf and started planning to visit her cumin Sunday. Suddenly we saw sum1 cumin to the terrace. We cud not see his face. He went strait to one corner and sat there. We also didn’t mind alt and kept discussing with each other. All of sudden that person called up on us and asked us whether we r from h.p. we nodded our heads in response.

We asked him the same question but he didn’t say anything. He changed the topic and asked that what would we do if someone frame false allegation on u. we stared each other and my roommate told that he would screw those persons. Listening this he laughed like hell. We too joined him. But suddenly I remember the same drama going there at room no.15.

Then I thought that what the hell he is doing in our hostel. I asked him that whether he is from himachal hostel. He said yes. Then after sometime I cud see his face and my friend too cud see. He was the same bloody guy. We cud not help it out and remained calm. Then he disappeared and that made us so scared that we both stumbled down with fear. We rushed back to our room and closed the door. We decided that we goanna tell this to our seniors and would ask them about room no.15 and the guy there.

After sometime again those knockings occurred but this time we were not daring enough to turn up. And we kept sitting inside. Soon we find sum1 yelling outside. It was our Sardar friend gurpreet. I went and opened the door hesitatingly. He sighed for a while and asked the reason for not opening the door. We both were drenched with sweat.

He asked the reason for this and we told him all that happened but like b4 he dint believe and started making his own calculations. But this time we were not impressed as this was for the first time that we both together had seen it all happening. Then we decided to call upon our senior friend but he was off to Ambala to visit his relative’s there. We cud not tell him anything but just asked him that if he cud cum or not? He said that he'll be there 2mrw.

We were not getting what to do. Then we decided to put up at Sardar's room that night. it was around 12:45 I went back to my room to collect my books but to my surprise I found all the things in my room helter shelter. I rushed back n called both of my friends. We wondered who cud have done this but this time we were not pretty much surprised as we were sure that something was getting wrong over here.

But again Sardar.... well leave it. I and my frnd decided to visit superintendent office next morning and decided to tell him all that’s been happening. Next day we went to his office and told him all that happened to us. At first he didn’t say anything but later on he just told that we must report it to our proctor n warden as some1 mite be playing the prank.

Then we came to know that he wont goanna tell us anything. B4 leaving his office my roommate asked him something that made him to fume high. He asked him to tell us about the person putting up at room no 15 of himachal hostel. At first he looked as if we had lost all his senses then after few seconds he got up from his chair and started shouting at us that we r trying to befool him. He ordered us to get out from his office.

We could not understand all that was taking place. It was morning time. Our senior frnd was back and we told him all that happened at night and about the response that superintendent gave. He asked me in very calm way,” Did u really see someone inside room no15". I told him all that I heard that night. He also asked me about that guy.

What was he wearing n about his looks. We told him everything. Then he went strait to his room and brought one album and asked us to recognize that guy if he is there. We found him there in his album. He was the same guy. I and my frnd relaxed for a while thinking that there is nothing wrong as we thought he mite perhaps be playing a prank.

Then our senior asked us again that whether we r sure that the guy is same that we were looking a night. And we both nodded our heads. It made his face to turn blank and he started vacillating around the room. We asked the reason and he told us that really cud have brought us all a heart attack. But somehow we controlled ourselves. He told that the guy was "dead".

I stood up and was really confused. I just begged him not to play any prank as we were already been there in sum trouble. His swear by his parents. But still I doubted him. We all went to sardar's room and told him al that our senior told us. This time again Sardar passed a silly comment. This time we didn’t mind listening to him. I n my roommate went to canteen.

There again I met our senior. He was sitting along with his friends. An idea came to my mind. I went to him and asked him for his room's keys. I told him that I had left my watch there. He handed over the keys and got busy in discussing same thing with my roommate n other fellows there. I rushed to his room and found that album lying there.

I took that album along with me then I returned to canteen and returned his keys. After having sum cold drinks and snacks. We got up and went for sum nap. But I and my roommate were not daring enough to go back to our room and we went to gurpreet's room. There I took that album out and told both of them that now we goanna verify that whether the guy was really dead or not. We made up our mind and started the hunt.

And this time Sardar too was there with us. First we approached sum seniors. Some were reluctant to give any response and sum responses were really nerve shakers. All of them had the same reply that the guy was dead. We still were not satisfied and eventually we approached the guard there. He just refused to say anything about that. Then at last gurpreet offered him some whiskey. Guard turned up and said the same thing.

He told that person did suicide in room no.15 and he was the one who brought his body out. Then we just came back staring at each other. We didn’t tell guard anything about all that. We went straightly to our senior and elaborated all that guard had told us. He simply nodded his head and said nothing. Then I thought that it was enough and more. I insisted him to tell all that happened last year. First he hesitated then he was ready to share everything with us.


To Be Continued..........................

No comments: